PhD Candidate - Technology Transfer and New Business Development Manager at Maggioli SpA
School of Production Engineering and Management,
Technical University of Crete, 73100 Chania, Crete, Greece
Via del Carpino, 8 Santarcangelo di Romagna (RN) – Italia
Kostas Kalaboukas is Technology Transfer and New Business Development Manager at Gruppo Maggioli and candidate PhD student at the Technical University of Crete. His research focuses on digital supply chains and smart cities and has participated in many research projects in the past. He has studied Production Engineering and Management at the Technical University of Crete (1991-1996) and obtained MSc in Total Quality Management at the University of Piraeus (2000). He has wide experience in business analysis, quality assurance and management of complex software projects.
2020: PhD candidate, Technical University of Crete.
2000: MSc in Total Quality Management, University of Piraeus,
Sponsorshed by the European Foundation for Quality Management (EFQM)
Thesis : ” Quality in the development of innovative ideas “
- 1996: Diploma of Production Engineering and Management, Technical University of Crete.
Thesis : ” Diagnosis of production weaknesses through quality control “
Research Projects - Grants
- 2020 – Present
Advancing Sustainability of Process Industries through Digital and Circular Water Use Innovations (AquaSPICE)
EC,CE-SPIRE-07-2020, Horizon 2020
Role: Work Package 5 Leader
- 2019 – Present
Energy-aware Factory Analytics for Process industries (FACTLOG)
EC, DT-SPIRE-06-2019, Horizon 2020
Role: Project Coordinator
More information about Past Projects can be found here
- Digital Transformation
- Digital Twins
- Agile Supply Chains
- Circular Manufacturing
- Smart Factories
- ICT for Smart Cities
- K. Kalaboukas, J. Rožanec, A. Košmerlj, D. Kiritsis and G. Arampatzis. ” Implementation of Cognitive Digital Twins in Connected and Agile Supply Networks – an Operational model “ Applied Science, 2021. DOI: 10.20944/preprints202103.0005.v1
- N. Sarantinoudis, G. Tsinarakis, K. Kalaboukas, P. Eirinakis and G. Arampatzis. ” Cognitive Manufacturing: The role of process modelling and optimisation. ” 31st European Conference on Operational Research. Athens, Greece. July 2021
- P. Eirinakis, K.Kalaboukas, S. Lounis, I. Mourtos, J.M. Rozanec, N. Stojanovic, G. Zois, ” Enhancing Cognition for Digital Twins “ 2020 IEEE International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE/ITMC), Cardiff, United Kingdom, 2020, pp. 1-7, doi: 10.1109/ICE/ITMC49519.2020.9198492.
Ιn peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Ntanos, E., Dimitriou, G., Bekiaris, V., Vassiliou, C., Kalaboukas, K. and Askounis, D., 2018. ” A model-driven software engineering workflow and tool architecture for servitised manufacturing ” Information Systems and e-Business Management, 16(3), pp.683-720.
- P. Eirinakis, K .Kalaboukas, S. Lounis, I. Mourtos, J.M. Rozanec, N. Stojanovic, G. Zois, ” Enhancing Cognition for Digital Twins “ , IEEE International Conference on Engineering, Technology and Innovation (ICE/ITMC), Cardiff, United Kingdom, 2020, pp. 1-7
- J. Lu, X. Zheng, A. Gharaei, K. Kalaboukas and D. Kiritsis, “ Cognitive Twins for Supporting Decision-Makings of Internet of Things Systems “, Proceedings of 5th International Conference on the Industry 4.0 Model for Advanced Manufacturing, 2020.
- K. Kalaboukas, G. Lioudakis, M. Koukovini, E. Papagiannakopoulou, G. Morabito , N. Dellas, M. Zacharias, “ Cognitive Logistics Operations through Secure, Dynamic and ad-hoc Collaborative Networks: The COG-LO project ”, London: 6th International Physical Internet Conference, 2019
- Koronaki, I., Hubina, T., Kalaboukas, K., Markogiannakis, G., Giannis, H., Skrjanc, M., Kenda, K., Mokorel, S., Nienke, S. and Calefato, C., ” Energy Forecasting and modelling in rural areas “, 6th International Conference on Information, Intelligence, Systems and Applications (IISA), 2015, pp.1-6
- 2020 – Present
Technology Transfer and New Business Development Manager
- 2004 – 2020
Senior Project Manager
- 2003 – 2004
ERP and CRM consultant (modules Manufacturing & Distribution)
- 2003 – 2003
Hellenic Post Office
- 2002 – 2003
Project Quality Engineer
- 1998 – 2000
Quality Engineer Consultant
Self-employed – Programme “Quality for the Citizen”, Greek Ministry of Transportation & Telecommunication (in cooperation with the Juran American Institute)